The Town Hall
The town hall was built in 1270 as a two-storey double gable building with a vaulted cellar and was used as a store in the Middle Ages. The town hall combines different building styles.
The town hall comprises three gabled houses topped with an arcaded gallery supporting seven towers (1270-90). In front of this group stands a Baroque façade added in 1727. This splendid pink building is the oldest Brick Gothic town hall in Germany.
At the beginning of the 18th century, a Baroque porch was built in front of the Gothic wall, with its seven towers.
A sight worth seeing is the Ratskeller (Council’s Cellar) and the interior hall
address & contact
Neuer Markt 1